Exeter College places a strong emphasis on digital transformation, the College offers a varied curriculum for school leavers and adult learners and is consistently one of the top performing colleges in the country.
Exeter College has long been an advocate of the use of digital tools, technologies and pedagogies within teaching and learning and are proud to have been recognised as a Microsoft Showcase College since 2019. Supporting digital initiatives, we have a dedicated team of digital practitioners, recognised within the industry as Microsoft Innovative Educator Experts and Microsoft Trainers and Master Trainers in addition to Advanced Apple Practitioners. As a college we faced various challenges throughout the pandemic, but this enabled us to propel further forward into the digital world and all the opportunities that can bring. The Office 365 suite helped us to take remote learning and working to new levels with collaboration, communication, and efficiency at the heart of all we do. We are excited to work with schools or colleges who are looking to make better use of the digital tools at their fingertips. With expertise in the Microsoft and iDEA scheme, we can support schools and colleges to get the most out of Microsoft products to provide inspirational teaching digitally.
Website link: Exeter College : Your First Choice Ofsted Outstanding College (exe-coll.ac.uk)
How we have helped schools and colleges through the EdTech Demonstrator Programme
In the first phase, we worked with the leadership teams of over 20 schools and colleges and connected with many more through our series of webinars and online demonstrations to help drive and develop digital skills and explore digital transformation opportunities.
We delivered training directly to staff in those institutions, curated and developed numerous resources including how-to guides and tutorial videos and content collections. We created teacher support packs, in addition to case studies, based on our own experience supporting colleagues through the Covid-19 pandemic, lockdown, and remote working.
Areas we can assist with...
Our team are Microsoft Office 365 specialists, and confident in the full range of Office 365 apps, including Teams, Whiteboard, Word, PowerPoint, Sway, Forms, bookings, stream, OneNote (& Class Notebook) and OneDrive.
We are also able to assist you and your teams in the following areas:
- Reduce teacher workload - we can help you take practical steps to reduce teacher workload, through our 'Art of the Possible' webinars and tutorial sessions.
- Inclusion, accessibility & wellbeing - understand modern tools and approaches to help deliver an inclusive and accessible classroom and reduce stressors.
- Drive engagement and collaboration - both in the classroom and remotely.
- Explore methods and tools for assessment - including work-based learning.
- Strategic planning - for digital tools, digital skills and institutional transformation.
- Digital tools implementation – our Innovations Team are at the heart of both teaching, learning and ICT within the college so can help you understand and navigate the tie-ins between differing areas of the business.
- Communication Strategies.