We are a one form entry school situated in the heart of Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria. Our children come from a wide range of backgrounds and we are passionate about giving them the very best start in life and then guiding them as they develop a life-long love of learning. As a result, all of our children emerge as confident and creative learners
At DSM, we believe the role of a technology-rich environment is crucial in facilitating a multitude of opportunities for children to discover their capacity to learn, ability to create and confidence to collaborate. Having the latest technology at their fingertips and the freedom to choose how they articulate their learning means that children can, and do, demonstrate their potential for aspirational futures in this endlessly evolving digital world.
Our journey with educational technology
We are proud to be both an Apple Distinguished School and regional training centre, supporting schools in their endeavours to embrace new technologies. There are many options for schools to choose from and a range of ways in which technology can be used. We have enjoyed engaging with schools who needed to learn about Microsoft, Google or Apple as platforms to deliver learning opportunities both in school and remotely.
Our children, from Reception to Year 6, have their own iPad and all teaching staff have both an iPad and a Microsoft laptop to plan, deliver and assess teaching and learning at DSM.
The whole school (Nursery to Year 6) uses Showbie, our online platform on a daily basis and then in Key Stage 2 the teachers and children use both Google Classroom and Teams alongside Showbie for teaching and learning. We believe that using a blended approach to learning, both with regard to platforms and devices offers teachers and children the opportunities to use the best of all technology to enhance their teaching and learning experiences.
How can we help?
- Support with continuing to use digital platforms in the classroom;
- Building on the confidence of remote learning and increasing the use of technology;
- Using technology to reduce teacher workload, time and money;
- Using technology to increase the pace of lessons and encourage creativity;
- Whole school deployment of devices;
- Whole school strategic leadership;
- Financing your digital estate;
- Creating a ‘Vision and Plan’ for digital leadership;
- Individual, small group and whole staff training;
- ‘How to’ documents ;
- Recordings of training webinars.